Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Mercian has arrived!

Fresh out of the box!
Last Monday I received an email from Mercian with the tracking information for my frame! I got to follow it from Nottingham to Loomis. The transit was amazingly fast, and the box was delivered to my door on Thursday!
Here's the box!
 

Here's a view of the wrapping
Head Tube Detail

Seat cluster.

Fork.

Nice bend to the fork blades.

Important sizing detail. (The last Mercian I had purchased was about 2 cm too small because I did not realize the point where the seat tube was measured to).

Well, it was pretty exciting to finally see the finished frame. I'm very happy with the finish. I have almost all the components on hand. It's now just a matter of getting time to assemble the bike. What fun!

Here's a link to the start of the assembly process.

No comments:

Post a Comment