Sunday, January 23, 2011

1979 Raleigh Competition GS

1979(?) Raleigh Competition GS

My next fixed gear bike was not really intended to be a fixed gear. I had bought this Comp. GS with the intention of building it up as a nice old fashioned Retro-road bike. Unfortunately, the local frame builder who did the brazing work for me had some strange ideas about routing gear shift cables, and didn't bother to ask me about any of them. He was also really really slow....I'm not naming names, but if I ever have a custom frame built, let's just say it won't be done in Sacramento.

Anyway, since I decided that I could not run derailleurs, this would make a great fixed gear project! So it did. It was a nice riding bike. But I was disappointed in not having it as a multi geared bike, so I sold it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment