Thursday, February 14, 2019

More "Cyclist" articles.

I thought I'd post a couple more of Ed Stiles' Tourlines from Cyclist Magazine. "The Bare Essentials" is from the May, 1985 issue.  "The Amazing Patch Story" is from June of 1986.  "In praise of Older Bikes", may be an appropriate read for iBOB's; we all seem to have picked up a used bike here and there, no?

Finally, I'm including a scan of Owen Mulholland's Snapshot piece, a vignette of Eddy Merckx and his first Tour victory. It's really an enjoyable read. Mr. Mulholland wrote many of these Snapshot segments and in 2006 published a very nice book, Cycling's Golden Age, a collection of great stories and photographs. One of the few hardback books I've ever paid full retail for, I was so excited to find his work again!

































And now...a word from our sponsor:


No comments:

Post a Comment