Monday, February 4, 2019

"Cyclist" Magazine Tourlines articles from the '80s.

Back in the 80s I was living in the cycling backwaters of Winnemucca, NV. At the local Raley's Supermarket I discovered "Cyclist" Magazine, a wonderful if somewhat short-lived periodical.

One recurring feature was Ed Stiles wonderful "Tourlines" articles, some of which were downright "retrogrouch" in tone. I loved them.

In fact, all of Cyclist Magazine struck me as somewhat retro in it's outlook. Alas, that probably was one of the factors in it's demise!

I've saved quite a few of the old issues and have decided to scan and post a few of them here, (I don't think there will be any copyright issues for a defunct magazine article from over 30 years ago!)

Here's a good one from the December, 1985 issue about dirt road touring, hope you enjoy it.







No comments:

Post a Comment